Let’s assume you want to display a standard K2 report (for example “Activity Statistics”) in your web application without doing any redirection to the K2 Workspace.
SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) has many great built-in features, but accessing them from external components can be tricky. What if you want to pass reports parameters directly within a URL? Wouldn't it be great if you could, from a website or an email, point to a URL that renders a report directly in PDF? You may also need to display a K2 report without the reporting toolbar. Let's take a look at these items as well as a few others. Here are the steps:
- Find the URL of your report. Browse your reportserver web application (e.g. on Denallix: http://www.denallix.com/reportserver), then click on “Standard Reports >> Hidden”, here you have all the out-of-the-box K2 reports. Nota: replace www.denallix.com by your own SSRS web server DNS address.
- Select your report (e.g.: “Activity Statitics Column3D”) to display the parameters you can play with. Copy the current URL (here http://www.denallix.com/reportserver/?%2fStandard+Reports%2fHidden%2fActivity+Statistics+Column3D&rs:Commande=Render)
- Build your URL using the K2 parameters:
a. FullName: <Folder>\<ProcessName>
b. Version: <int_Version>
c. ValueType: 0 to have average duration, 1 to have the instance numbers
d. FromDate: start date for the report <YYYY/MM/DD>
e. ToDate: end date for the report <YYYY/MM/DD>
f. Status: 2 for Active, 4 for Completed
g. EventType: 0 for all events, 1 to exclude Server Events
Thus, assuming we want to display the average completion duration of the activities from the last version of the Purchase Request instances in the last 2 years, we will add the following string to our URL: &FullName=DenallixBP\PurchaseRequest&Version=20&ValueType=0
- Add some SSRS options to your URL :
a. To hide the parameter bar, append this string to the URL: &rc:Parameters=false
b. To hide the toolbar, append this string to the URL: &rc:Toolbar=false
c. To control the report format, you can append the following string to directly save the report to your local file system in the specified file format to: &rs:Format=Excel or &rs:Format=PDF
- The complete, final URL can be something like http://www.denallix.com/reportserver/?%2fStandard+Reports%2fHidden%2fActivity+Statistics+Column3D&rs:Commande=Render&FullName=DenallixBP\PurchaseRequest
&rc:Parameters=false&rc:Toolbar=false and will generate this:
I hope this will help you to create better K2 web applications ;-).
-- by Jean Cadeau
Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:32 PM